The headdresses were made from sugar paper and cereal boxes. The children cut out the shape (drawn with a handmade stencil that I had made), sponged it camel colour, then we added the extra features that I had prepared.
T shirts were an easy option, humps on the back...
tassels on the front with a bit of ric-rac, again everything with a budget in mind
a strip of cardboard was attached for the headband and another attached vertically for height.
I've wanted to have a go at one of these for a while. I bought some pre-cut squares online, and then discovered that I had one of my Dad's old shirts ready to go to the charity shop. It had a tear however,so that was the excuse that I needed to cut it up and recycle it. Now if you knew my dad, he recycled everything!! He never wasted a thing, so I think he'd be pleased with this on his birthday today.
I need to get some more shirts as I think I'll make it to fit a single bed.
Well here in sunny Wales (it really is sunny!), Easter holidays and I'm having a bit of a sort out, using up some scraps, well, when it comes to Liberty fabric, I don't think you can call them scraps, as I tend to use every last piece.
So I'm calling this my 'stem' design. My favourite colours are blues and greens, reminding me of the sea and that much longed for holiday cottage...