Friday 9 September 2016

Holiday Hexies

I prepared lots of hexagons before setting sail on a cruise around the Mediterranean. 


These are the white fillers for my turquoise quilt which I stitched into rows of 4 flowers. I have decided to make cot sized panels of 30 coloured flowers and sew them together at the end to make stitching them together more manageable.



I even found some quiet time on the cruise to do some stitching.



Nearly finished this second panel and I'm running low on fabric so have had to order more. 

Eight weeks in and this is how much I've done so far. I've had 6 weeks off from my job (school), so in between babysitting, pottering around the garden and the usual household chores, I've spent my days sewing. As I've said before - this is my therapy, I find it relaxing, it's 'me' time.

No comments:

Post a Comment