Sunday 28 August 2011

National Woollen Museum - Bunting

We visited Melin Tregwynt - a great selection of beautiful blankets. We went on a Sunday, so the mill wasn't running.http://www.melintregwynt.co.uk/, but I bought some blanket remnants. 

Then onto The National Woollen Museum.  
www.museumwales.ac.uk/en/wool/ The guide was great - he turned on the machines as we were going around - we were too early for the official tour. What a great museum - I will definately return...to get more fabric!!




The background fabric is a piece that I've had for a while - Melin Tregwnt.  The 4 pieces are Melin Teifi.  http://www.melinteifi.com/ which is at the Woollen Museum.  I've adapted my Russian doll die for these 'Welsh ladies in waiting'....bunting I think.



It's coming along....


I added seed beads for eyes, zig zag edge and a felt daffodil.


Just need to finish off the binding now.  I've made 10 flags on 3 metres of binding.



It's not a great photo, but here is the bunting hanging on the gym apparatus in school


I'll take a photo outside when the weather is better



11 comments:

  1. This is absolutely darling. I love it! I just found your blog today by finding a link on Pinterest. Both my paternal grandparents are from Wales; my grandpa John Williams was from Blaenau Ffestiniog and my grandma, Alma May Palmer, was from Cardiff. Currently I am researching my family tree, so I thought I'd check out Pinterest. Your blog looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Loretta! I live close to Cardiff and visit regularly and also know someone close with the surname Palmer - small world.

    ReplyDelete